Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall Again!

Once again it is fall and the trees are a flame with beautiful reds and oranges. It has been a bit on the warm side through out September but we were able to begin running the dogs. The forecast for the next five days calls for highs in the low 50s with 30s overnight so it’ll be great weather for running.

We have six new dogs spending the winter with us and they just arrived last week. So far that transition has gone well with very little trouble. Of course Exxon our alpha male has to be sure and let everyone know he is top dog. Once we got past a little posturing and growling everyone has settled in as though they had been here for years.

I’ve been working on my own wheeled dogsled cart and have it almost completed. One steering part that I ordered has been delayed in shipping but as soon as I get that here I will wrap up the project and get it out for a test run. I think it will be an amazing wheeled sled. It has front and rear disk brakes, full suspension with about five inches of travel and padded seats. The main components are from an ATV. I bought and cut in half. This gave me the suspension, brakes and wheels and should make for a very comfortable ride.

This is a picture from a week ago. I’ll be sure to post a complete photo when it is all put together. I hope to have it up and running by next week so stay tuned for the results!

No comments: